If the debt due is between €15,000 – €75,000 legal proceedings are issued in the Circuit Court
- Gather all invoices contracts relating to the debt as this will be used to evidence the debt.
- Issue a letter of demand for payment allowing 7 or 10 days for repayment.
- Wait 7 or 10 days
- Issue Civil Bill, if the monies have not been repaid
- Allow 10 days for the debtor to enter an appearance
- Send a 14-day warning letter of your intention to seek judgment in default of appearance.
- If there is no response you complete an affidavit of debt which is then lodged with the court office.
- Obtain judgement from the Court Office.
- Enforce the Judgment
Where the debtor files an appearance the following steps arise.
- The debtor will enter a defence
- The debtor will send a Notice for particulars requesting further information in relation to the claim
- Further documentation, called pleadings, will be exchanged between your solicitor and the debtor’s solicitor before matter is ready to be heard by a Judge.
- A hearing date is set by the Circuit Court Office
- Judge then hears the case on the hearing date.
Information which we require from you
- Your name and address
- Name and address of the debtor
- Copy contract between you and the debtor (if any) or any other relevant correspondence
- Copy invoices sent to debtor
- Any response received from debtor in relation to the invoices raised (if any)
- Details of any payment made on foot of the invoice
- Amount of total debt due
Should you have any queries in relation to a debt due to you please complete the contact form with a brief description of your query and we will respond to you.